Skip to main content

Food Journal

FOOD JOURNAL 

Eating well does not have to be expensive! I'm spending less than $30 (USD) a week on food and staying quite satisfied!

I would also like to point out that I am not eating Paleo to part of the "In Crowd". The very thought makes my skin crawl. I have food allergies... LOTS of them, and Paleo suits my needs splendidly!



  1. Weight all time high 284 (the last time I weighed) in 2009.
  2. Fluctuated between 265 and 275 from 2010 until 2017. 
  3. Tried from mid 2017 until February 2018 to break the 250 barrier.
  4. 29 March 2018, I broke the 240 barrier.
  5. Since cutting gluten in March 2018 and going Paleo in April 2018, the weight has been falling off steadily.
  6. Broke 230 on 17 May 2018! I'm officially in (and sometimes out) of the 220's! ( I still gross myself out if I pass by a full length mirror when I'm nekked or in underwears)
  7. Hit 220 on 25 June 2018! My belt is on the last hole! 


You may deduce from my weekly menus that I cook on Saturday or Sunday and eat the same thing all week. It's one of the perks of single life and its just easier for me.
20 July 2018

211.6 Pounds - 1.16 pounds to my 210 Goal Weight! Then reset goal for 200!!!!!!!!!! Reaching goals is AWESOME!!!!! I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I've never worn before! They buttoned easily and there's no muffin top! I also have on a bra that I've never been able to wear because it was too tight around! I figure I'm about 20 pounds away from size 16... maybe 30! I'm almost into the "regular" sizes! YASSSSSSS!!!!!!!
28 June 2018

218 Pounds - Cherries are in season! Andddd... I've started taking Hydroxycut to jumpstart my weight loss. I seems to be helping, I've been taking it for a week and the weight is coming off again.
25 June 2018
220 Pounds - I reached my first goal weight. My next is 210 pounds. 
I'm not going to keep the food journal here much, unless I have something exceptionally delicious and need to tell about it. If you've read my other entries, the formula is pretty straightforward... Meat that is easily identifiable as meat, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, no refined sugar, no processed foods, no potatoes, VERY little rice, no legumes, no wheat or grains, very little dairy. Real butter if necessary, no "fake foods" like margarine or drink mixes. 

11 June
222.2 pounds - I'm so surprised that I didn't gain weight this weekend... I ate like I'd never seen food before. I tore up an entire rotisserie chicken and an entire bag of Boom Boom Shrimp from BJs (shrimp dipped in an egg white and cornstarch batter with a dash of sea salt) which taste like breaded shrimp! I had a Yellow Thai Curry dinner from Aldi's for lunch today, and it was surprisingly delicious! I will be purchasing this product again!
07 June


222.2 pounds - 08 June 2018 - I had a big ass Paleo Pancake by Birch Benders last night at around 2 a.m. and it was still with me when I woke up... But it was sooo good! I'm going to have to switch to eating that when I wake up instead of before I go to bed.
222.0 pounds 07 June 2018 - I have been eating mostly baked chicken and tilapia and they seem to be the golden ticket for weight loss for me. Add to that riced cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green beans, and green peas and I'm a happy girl!
BTW... If you take a trip to O'Charley's, the Southern Fried Chicken Salad is wonderful when you substitute grilled chicken for the fried and then use olive oil and squeeze a bunch of lemon wedges over it for dressing! 

Okay... so I've been slack on the blog but busy at work. There have been a few unfortunate events... like I forgot that soy sauce has gluten and ate on a large house fried rice for 5 days and then wondered why my leg was all screwed up... Live and learn! smh

xxx Steps 20 May 2018 - Show Dogs movie with Brenda. I ate a gluten free pizza and some Indulgence Cookies and Cream cake, both from Kroger.
xxx Steps 19 May 2018 - cousin's night with Brenda. We went to Chuy's and I got the Macho Burrito with no tortilla, then off to a screening of The Book Club. Hilarious! 


12 May -18 May
This week's menu consists of hamburger with onions, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and mushrooms. Also, every couple of days, a Green&Black with sea salt
230.0 on 16 May 2018 18.4 pounds since 28 February 2018. I'm going to break 230 soon!
xxx Steps 18 May 2018 - 228.86
xxx Steps 17 May 2018 - 229.0
xxx Steps 16 May 2018 - 
xxx Steps 15 May 2018 - I'm thinking that I need to cut the mushrooms out of my Bonne Chow... a week with corn messed my leg up pretty badly, but I my leg is HORRIBLE! I think I remember the allergy doctor telling me I was allergic to mushrooms (along with yeast, cotton seed oil, rye, grass, trees, white potatoes, lima beans, mold, yeast, dust, pollen...). It would make since mushrooms are a fungus and mold is microscopic fungi. Damn... one more thing to eliminate from my diet.
712 Steps 14 May 2018 - FitBit on charge until 10:30 PM. Oh Lord... the gas! I didn't notice it gassing me up over the weekend, but here at work... Damn! I'm percolating!
424 Steps 13 May 2018 FitBit ran out of juice and I thought the charger was at work. I was wrong, it was in my "go bag".
2,384 Steps 12 May 2018
Cousin's Night with Brenda! We had steak with Birds Eye mashed cauliflower and Birds Eye mashed sweet potatoes and carrots, and a tossed salad with butter and red leaf lettuces, grape tomatoes, and Bragg's Vinaigrette (I don't like Vinaigrette dressing, but this was the only dressing that didn't have bad things in it and it was really, REALLY good!)
I've been sick with allergies... Environmental ones, not food ones. 
Annndddd... I've joined Match.com again. I'm not sure if I want to be with a man or a woman. To tell the truth, this last go round with Quintin Dale Blackburn was enough to put me off of men for probably the rest of my life. He was a walking nightmare!

6 May - 11 May
This week's menu was hot italian sausage, baked chicken breast, roasted almonds, marinara sauce, and Green&Black with sea salt


117 Steps 11 May 2018
507 Steps 10 May 2018
4,479 Steps 9 May 2018
6,282,Steps 8 May 2018
4,220 Steps 7 May 2018
739 Steps 6 May 2018
______________________________________________________
3rd Massage!
5 May 2018
Brenda and I are getting massages then going to dinner and to see Overboard! Awesome Saturday!

3,065 Steps
Barbecued tofu and broken rice with a pork & shrimp spring roll and Nuoc Cham fish sauce.
4 May 2018

5,309 Steps
233 pounds
super thin center cut pork chops from Aldi's with berbere seasoning from Penzy's and pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
I highly recommend Penzey's for seasonings. They have great prices and very few seasonings contain salt. If you get a chance and there's one near you, please stop by the Penzey's Store. If not, they have great deals on-line and lots of freebies!
I also have deduced from a week eating corn that I am sensitive to corn... My leg looks a fright and has been itching horribly.
Also, I can't seem to get below 230 pounds. What's with that???
It's getting hot in the warehouse, and I'm sweating like an oldie... get it? I'm sweating and I'm old! HAHAHAHA! 
I almost got fired last night... My big ole mouth about did me in. A supervisor (whom I didn't know was a supervisor) came down to our department and gave a group chastisement instead of pulling the employees that he was trying to shame to the side and talking to them directly. I said that I believed his actions to be unprofessional and darned if he didn't hear me and say "Is that how you really feel?" So I said, "Well, yes, that really is how I feel." He had his say and I had mine, it was very amicable and I shook his hand. Then I found out that he can be compared to Judge Roy Bean (the hanging judge). Luckily, when I got to work today everything was okay. 
Glad I took my anti-bitch pills before meeting him! 

Zoloft ROCKS!!!
Anywho, here's hoping for a better week next week.



3 May 2018

7,172 Steps.
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt

2 May 2018

5,824 Steps
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt

1 May 2018

8,285 Steps
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt

30 April 2018

5,578 Steps
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt

29 April 2018

1,274 Steps
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt

28 April 2018

2,837 Steps
Hamburger with plantains, green peas, carrots, onions, green beans and corn
Green&Black with sea salt
27 April 2018

4,916 Steps
232.4 pounds
hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
1 mango
1 cup of guacamole
Not going to add the hot italian sausage to the hamburger mix next time... back to plantains
26 April 2018

5,420 Steps
didn't weigh
blackberries
hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
1 cup of guacamole
half a cantaloupe
a couple handfuls of almonds at work
Crystal brought in fried chicken from Bojangles for her dinner and it didn't even phase me. I did; however, notice that it smelled really good. I'm going to have to experiment with almond and coconut flours to make some oven fried chicken.
I seem to be having trouble getting out of the 230's. But I feel great and that's the most important thing right now. I feel like my body will start shedding the pounds again as it gets used to the new lifestyle.

25 April 2018

5,650 Steps
231.8 pounds
half a cantaloupe
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
couple handfuls of almonds at work
24 April 2018

5,011 Steps
didn't weigh
handful of blackberries
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
couple handfuls of almonds at work
1 1/2 Green&Black with sea salt
23 April 2018

5,729 Steps
didn't weigh
one super ripe and delicious mango
handful of blackberries
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
couple handfuls of almonds at work
half of a Green&Black with sea salt
22 April 2018

2,240 Steps
didn't weigh
handful of blackberries
Hamburger with onions and mushrooms and a hot italian sausage
21 April 2018

2,876 Steps
Chuys Macho Burrito w/no tortilla. but there was cheese! It's not like I'm going to be good ALL the time. Dairy is a terrible temptation for me. I still didn't eat gluten!


20 April 2018

5,952 Steps
233.6 pounds
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 1
The protein bars are gone now.


19 April 2018

5,613 Steps
233.6 pounds
3 large chicken breasts with mayo, honey, mushrooms, onions
75 oz is a LOT of water. My pee is freaking CLEAR! Yeah! I should probably check my blood sugar when I get home since I haven't checked it or taken meds in a couple of months... If I ignore it maybe it will go away... :\
______________________________________________________
Second Massage!
5.2 pounds lost since last massage
16.6 pounds lost in Total
18 April 2018

3,312 Steps - put the FitBit on charge and forgot to put it back on 
231.8 pounds - awesome surprise!
2 large chicken breasts with mayo, honey, and garlic
The 2nd massage was today. It did not hurt as much as the first, but I feel like it will be a long while before I get a deep tissue massage that isn't (at least in part) excruciating. I received my 2.5 litre drinking bottle and stainless steel straw today. Damn, but that's a lot of water!
So, definitely no more dairy and no more Wendy's chili. Brandi was pleased with my over all progress; however, she was concerned about the chili and the Kirkland Protein bars. The chili because of the beans, and the Protein bars because of "mystery ingredients" only identified as "natural flavors". I get it... Just a little bummed. But its all good, I can make my own protein bars.
Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Chocolate "Icing"

17 April 2018

6,992 Steps
didn't weigh
1 large chicken breast with mayo, honey, and garlic


16 April 2018

4,834 Steps
didn't weigh - annoyed with this weekend's gain.
2 large chicken breast with garlic and mushrooms
small sweet potato (plain)
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
Larabar Double Chocolate Brownie Bites 
15 April 2018

299 Steps
didn't weigh
2 small Wendy's chili
2 large chicken breast with garlic and mushrooms
Larabar Double Chocolate Brownie Bites 
14 April 2018

2,691 Steps
235.6
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms.
Larabar Double Chocolate Brownie Bites 
13 April 2018

5,973 Steps
233.6 pounds
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms.
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
Didn't loose any weight, but didn't gain any either! A little bound up, getting a couple of nice sweet potatoes tomorrow to help me go. Feeling great; although I do feel a little "stuffed" from the aforementioned issue. Ah, well, this too shall pass!
12 April 2018

4,290 Steps
233.6 pounds
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms 
Organic chopped kale and spinach
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms.
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
There was a cake and ice cream at the OSHA meeting today. The smell of the icing nauseated me. THAT'S never happened before. I am feeling like I could take someone's head off, took my anti-bitch pill and I don't think its working. Cranky, cranky, beastie. I hope that this does not last all night.
11 April 2018

4,752 Steps
234.0 pounds - 14.2 pounds!
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms 
Organic chopped kale and spinach
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
Feeling pretty darned good! I could get used to this!
10 April 2018

3,573 Steps - fitbit on charge for a couple of hours
234.6 pounds
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms 
Organic chopped kale and spinach
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
I'm feeling really good! I slept about 11 hours last night! My shoulders have finally stopped hurting where the wee blonde beastie roughed me up! LOL, I was askin' fer it! Hell, I PAID fer it!
I'm wearing another pair of jeans that I've never worn before! They're really tight in the waist, but this too shall pass! So stoked!
9 April 2018

4,436 Steps
didn't weigh
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms
broccoli (steamed)
Kirkland GF Protein bar x 2
I keep forgetting to take the darned cleansing supplement!
I feel good, no obvious aches or pains. I'm really planning on being the hot grandma! My leg is looking better than it was, it's now more of a scraped looking gross instead of the "OMG she's diseased" kind of gross that it was. 
I'm having issues getting rid of all dairy. The protein bars have milk protein in them. Is that acceptable? I really like the protein bars and its giving me something to eat at work. 
Exactly how bad IS dairy...?
8 April 2018

1,554 Steps
didn't weigh
Hamburger with onions, garlic, plantains, and mushrooms
7 April 2018

1,493 Steps
didn't weigh
GF Pizza
Irish Beer Cheddar (the last of the cheese... could NOT give it away... have you ever tasted Irish Beer Cheese?)
Ghiradelli chocolates
6 April 2018

3,883 Steps - Fitbit acting weird not adding steps
235.0 pounds
1 3/4 boiled eggs (Alice Mae got a quarter of an egg. She's an accomplished beggar)
10 slices pre-cooked bacon
1 tsp Maca powder in a bottle of Bai
4 dark chocolate truffles - Swiss Delice (reward for staying away from the pizza that Harold ordered in for the warehouse)
I'm feeling pretty great today! Still a little achy; but it's the kind of achy that lets me know I'm alive! Bending over is easier, I can tell that my belly is getting smaller. I'm wearing a pair of size 18 jeans that I bought before I packed on weight! I've got so many clothes that I bought that I've never worn! It's so awesome! 

5 April 2018

5,569 Steps
235.4 pounds - Woo Hoo! 13 pounds gone!
Chicken jalfrizi
Organic cauliflower rice
Still sore from the massage, but its a good sore. I'm a little itchy... I suspect the yummy Jalfrizi sauce has gluten in it. :( I'm going to save whats left in the freezer for my son and his family when they get in. 
______________________________________________________
First Massage!
9.2 pounds lost
11.4 pounds total
4 April 2018

6,958 Steps
237.0 pounds
Meat Sauce X 2
I went for my massage today. She worked for over an hour on my shoulders and neck with Trigger Point and Deep Tissue Massage. Not going to lie... That little bitty woman whooped my behind. 
I purchased a cleansing supplement to help me detoxify... It was a gastric event that can only be likened to the day before a colonoscopy. No one can say that I am full of poo anymore. 
I got one of the girls at work to check and see if I was bruised (I'm not). I have been taken off of dairy, and mom wants me to help her go gluten free. I'm going to try and talk to her and daddy about adopting the Paleo lifestyle. I really think it would do mom good. 

3 April 2018
6,366 Steps
237.8 pounds - I've lost 10.6 pounds since February 28th, two days after I started working in the warehouse! Yay me!
Woke up with a headache. Body not as achy. Air "fresheners" at work are working me over. Dry itchy eyes, headache, tight breathing.
2 April 2018
3,405 Steps recorded - Fitbit was on charge for part of the evening.
239.0 pounds
1 pound asparagus broiled
2 eggs
cheese and kuchela 
Feeling a little "old", I think the chocolates might have gluten. I'll take them to work to get rid of them. Looking at the difference between GF and Paleo, and Paleo restrictions appear to encompass all of my allergy foods, like potatoes, oats, grains, and beans (lima beans specifically).
1 April 2018
242 Steps
Didn’t weigh
Hand full of chocolates
Broccoli (raw)
GF pizza
31 March 2018
844 Steps
Didn’t weigh
Hand full of chocolates
Seaweed salad 
Steak
30 March 2018
2,555 Steps
Didn’t weigh
Meat Sauce x 2
Hand full of kisses and mini chocolates
Seaweed salad 
Gluten free pizza 
29 March 2018
7,242 Steps
239.0 pounds
Chicken breast with rosemary and garlic
1 Velveeta mini block 
Kuchela (Trinidad pickled green mango)
I feel great! Got into a pair of size 18 jeans this afternoon. I'm also in a good mood!
28 March 2018
5,897 Steps
Boiled egg
Meat sauce X 2
Hips are beginning to feel better. Still a little crabby, but not bad.
27 March 2018
5,428 Steps
Didn't weigh
4 boiled eggs with butter
Chicken Salad
Hips are still hurting, I was a crabby witch at work.
26 March 2018
3,778 Steps
Chicken Salad
2 days of packing in the gluten and my hips and body hurt like I've been beaten. Cranky and crabby
25 March 2018
584 Steps
Didn't weigh
Pasta and meat sauce
Ginger & Pepper Chicken
24 March 2018
3,877 Steps
Didn't weigh
Sausage McMuffin
Pasta and meat sauce
Ginger & Pepper Chicken
Fried wontons
Sweet & Sour sauce
23 March 2018
5,847 Steps
Didn't weigh
2 boiled eggs
Broccoli (raw)
22 March 2018
4,204 Steps
Didn't weigh
4 boiled eggs
21 March 2018
1,628 Steps
Didn't weigh
Chicken Salad
Chicken with BBQ dippy sauce
Broccoli (raw)
20 March 2018
4,914 Steps
Didn't weigh
Oreo Cookie Candy Bar (last two rows)
Broccoli (raw)
Chicken breast with BBQ dippy sauce
Chicken Salad
Achy and stuffy
19 March 2018
3,791 Steps
242.2 pounds
Chicken Breast with BBQ dippy sauce
Chicken Salad
  • Chicken breast
  • Mayonaise
  • Honey
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Garlic
Oreo Cookie Candy Bar (all but 2 rows)
Broccoli (raw)
18 March 2018
1,992 Steps
240.4 pounds
Italian Sausage with peppers and onions (no bun)
Deli Mustard
Chicken breast with Bali BBQ Sauce
17 March 2018
1,352 Steps
240.0 pounds
Meat Sauce X 2
Coffee with Creamer and fat free half and half
16 March 2018
5,462 Steps
240.8 pounds
Hamburger Soup
Coffee with creamer and fat free half and half
2 days without gluten and I am pretty much pain free.
15 March 2018
4,093 Steps
240.0 pounds
Pasta and Meat Sauce
5 small Mandarins
Small bag of Pork Rinds
2 days in a row eating pasta, my hips and body are aching
14 March 2018
3,500 Steps
241.2 pounds
Hamburger Soup
Meat Sauce
  • hamburger
  • onions
  • hot Italian sausage
  • 1 cup of Bertolli (I think)
1 serving of Ready Pasta
Coffee with vanilla creamer and fat free half & half
4 small Mandarins
13 March 2018
4,707 Steps
241.4 pounds
Hamburger Soup 
Chicken Jalfrizi
  • 1/2 of a giant Aldi's chicken breast
  • 1/4 cup of Aldi's Jalfrizi sauce
1 can LeSueur Baby Green Peas
2 small Mandarins
1 lb strawberries (shared with dog)


12 March 2018
4,111 Steps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
246.2 pounds (took fluid pill)
Hamburger Soup X 2 helpings
  • hamburger
  • onions
  • garlic
  • chicken bone broth
  • mixed vegetables
  • plantain
3 Mandarin Oranges
28 February 2018
248.4 pounds
Beginning of new job at XPO Logistics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Thus Begins My Journey into the World of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity!

Extremely long story short, I made an appointment for a massage. I've been making some pretty big lifestyle changes and kind of want to have a lymphatic drainage massage and some trigger point to try and restore my range of motion. I got in touch with Brandi at  Affordable Spa Services , and after a pretty comprehensive Q&A, she asked me if I have ever been tested for gluten sensitivity. It seems that my laundry lists of aches, pains, and ailments are pretty much text book symptoms of  gluten sensitivity. She also told me that she would throw in a nutritional analysis along with my massage and told me to keep a food diary for two weeks. I have been keeping the diary and notating how I feel, and I have discovered that I have joint and muscle aches, I feel foggy, my balance gets all weird and I feel like I'm going to fall, and I get the dreaded constipation. I also discovered that after a few days of eating "clean", I don't hurt and I feel better in

Strange Dreams

I'm not sure what the bad dreams are about, but they all seem to be related to different aspects of losing weight. A little anxiety, maybe? 12 April 2018 I dreamed that I was getting my first ever crochet bikini. When I tried it on, my boobs looked like they were filling socks and hanging down..,. The girl making the bikini top took one look at me and said "Too Long! Too Long!" I woke up feeling just a little humiliated! It looked like I was wearing a Tata Towel... for a laugh, look at the $45 boobie towel 16 April 2018 I gained a couple of pounds over the weekend and I know its natural and partially due to the fact that I haven't "gone" well for a while, but you can't convince my subconscious of that. I dreamed that I had gained a few pounds (probably because I have gained 2 pounds and  my jeans are cutting me around the waist); the dream progressed to me realizing that I was pregnant and being extremely concerned about how my mom would re

Kuchela - The Relish that I Relish!

I don't usually eat at work, but today I brought a mini block of Velveeta cheese and a jar of Matouk's Kuchela to eat with it. Kuchela and cheese go together like peas and carrots! I ate the cheese with some Kuchela and then I got hungry for a snack. I walked the quarter mile to the snack machine to get a bag of pork rinds, and the machine wasn't stocked with them! Everything else in the machine was either chocked full of gluten, potato based (I'm allergic to white potatoes), or not advisable for a diabetic. I got a cup of ice and walked back to the shipping office and silently cursed my allergies and diabetes for ruining a potentially delightful vending machine experience. For those of you that aren't familiar with Kuchela, it is a condiment from Trinidad. Kuchela is amazing with cheese, and is absolutely the best thing that you can put on an egg and cheese sandwich! It also goes very well with curried dahl (lentils) or chana (chickpeas). Kuchela can be mad